"Are you eager to unlock your companies full potential for a quick scan, we will pave the way."
Operational Due Diligence
Are you looking to buy a company and want to obtain an insight in the operations of the target?
We have all expertise to thoroughly assess the target’s operations throughout the entire value chain. We deliver a description of the maturity and operational efficiency of the target, but we also identify and quantify the risks and additional drivers for value creation.
This does not only help you determine the worth of the target but, once the deal is closed, will also give you a head start in the integration of the target and the realisation of identified opportunities.
IT Due Diligence
Are you looking to buy a company want the assurance that the IT assets supporting the business are up to the task?
IT is often key in business operations, managing information and financial reporting, that’s why we have experts specialized in IT due diligence. We analyse 4 pillars:
- IT strategy and organisation
- Infrastructure and security
- Business and workspace applications, licenses and contracts
- Projects portfolio
From a financial perspective we perform an analysis on past expenses and projections. We also assess the consistency between IT budgets and IT projects roadmap and identify not reported/controlled IT costs.
Synergy Due Diligence
Are you looking to buy a company and want to justify valuations and drive early alignment?
Our detailed synergy due diligence identifies all tied-up synergies that can be missed in a traditional top-down approach. We focus on all possible sources of value creation when merging your company with the target (organization, purchases, industrial or logistics plan, support functions, etc.). We quantify all synergies and define an implementation roadmap including timing so that’s it is clear when you will benefit from the investment.
A synergy due diligence enables you to focus early on the operating model of the new company and realising synergies as quickly as possible.
Are you looking to sell a part of your existing business and want to prepare the asset to run as a stand-alone entity?
Together with you we define the carve out strategy and help you prepare the business to run as a stand-alone business entity. We identify the operational impacts caused by the disposal of assets (corporate functions, pooled resources, shared contracts, IT, etc.). We qualify additional recurring costs related to making the asset stand alone and implementation costs. Together with you we define the Transition Service Agreements ensuring continuity of the business during the transition phase
Carve-out Due Diligence
Are you looking to invest in a carved-out business?
Together with the financial due diligence team, we look at the operational and organisational impact of the carve-out. We identify the operational impacts caused by the disposal of assets (corporate functions, pooled resources, shared contracts, IT, etc.). We qualify additional recurring costs related to making the asset stand alone and implementation costs. Together with you we define the Transition Service Agreements ensuring continuity of the business during the transition phase. We will link back our findings into the financial impact reported in the financial due diligence.
Are you looking to buy a company and want to ensure that synergies are obtained in an effective way?
If you want a successful integration it is key to start before the deal is closed. We will evaluate all potential synergies together with the associated costs and investments for all aspects of the business.
Together with you, we define the integration strategy and a tailormade action plan to ensure all identified synergies are obtained according to the implementation objectives. Our team of experts also guides you through the culture and change management aspects as well as the development of a strong and effective communication plan.
All steps of the integration process are incorporated in our Eight Advisory PMI Toolkit which ensures a smooth integration with a clear reporting to monitor the entire implementation progress.
Working Capital Optimization
- How can I align and optimize my customer and supplier payment terms?
- How do I optimise my stock inventory levels?
- How do I install a long-term plan to better manage my working capital?
Are these questions familiar to you? We have the expertise to assist you on all different levels.
We can help you improve your working capital position on the short term by optimising payment conditions and stock inventory. We also offer you a pragmatic and hands-on approach to design and implement sustainable and future proof processes that enable you to manage cash in a value adding way.
Value Creation (Private Equity)
How to seize your post-transaction opportunities and mitigate risks?
We provide private equity and portfolio teams with the operational, IT, analytics, working capital and restructuring skills needed to drive value, including:
- Support growth strategies
- Profitability and margin management
- Design and implement organisational, technology and operating model changes
- Implement operational excellence
- Improve manufacturing and supply chain costs
- Realize SG&A efficiency
- Improve working capital and release cash
- Take control
- Ready a business for exit
- Plan, implement and deliver carveouts or integration of bolt-ons
Operational Restructuring & Turnaround
For businesses confronted with a (dis)stressed situation, we assess the current performance of your operations to identify your key cash contributions and drains and optimise processes to help turn your business around.
We not only consider how you can cut costs, but what sort of business model would best revitalise your business (e.g. divestiture of non-core assets), backed up by an operational and financial turnaround plan. We also assist you in the implementation of the turnaround plan.
- Assess contribution of each one of the corporate lines of business (product concept, client portfolio, distribution channel, …)
- Compare corporate performance and going standards in the industry and « best in class » performance.
- Identify and analyze what in operations causes the company to underperform.
- Identify avenues for improvement of operational and financial performance.
- Deliver costing data for the recovery strategy.
- Draft full assessment report and share views with the general management of client company.
- articipate in strategic decision-making on which turnaround options to go for (decision trees).
- Define operational and financial turnaround plan due for implementation in the short run and in the medium run.
- Assess positive impact of plan (recurring impact on EBITDA and One-off CASH).
- Run simulations of business case scenarios and assess corresponding cash-flows.
- Produce full-fledged implementation charts (targets, action plan, people in charge, timeframe, financial impact, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), earmarked financial means, …)
- Active awareness raising and involvement of the entire organization in the phasing in of the turnaround plan (timesaving and success-guaranteeing measures).
- Create and sit on steering committee of turnaround plan.
- Define reporting tools and methods to monitor implementation and assess positive impact.
Partner in Charge
Tom founded the Belgian Eight Advisory Belgium office with Philippe Fimmers in 2018. He leads the Belgian Transformation practice in Belgium and works in close collaboration with the other offices across Europe.
Tom specializes in Due Diligence (operational, carve-out & synergy), Post Merger Integration, Working Capital Management and Operational Restructuring/turnarounds.
Tom mainly works for private equity and corporates in the industrial manufacturing, consumer goods or food & agri sector.
Prior to joining Eight Advisory, Tom worked for more than 5 years for a global supply chain and operations consulting firm. He joined PwC in 2011 where he launched the Operational Transaction Services department in Belgium, providing clients with operational advice during a transformation or a restructuring phase.
Over the years, I have focused on executing projects for my clients, private equity houses and their portfolio companies. In doing so, I have continuously strived to provide insights and quality services which help to build trust and confidence. I truly believe that the right mindset is look at the company as it would be your own with an entrepreneurial mindset enabling you to spot the opportunities.