Our CFO Advisory practice advises clients in their most important financial management issues, including strategic transformation projects, the implementation of strategic performance management and business planning frameworks, and the optimization, automation and digitalization of the finance function and related processes.
The CFO Advisory team combines both consulting and financial management experience in providing strategic and practical advice and support to our clients in the following areas:
- Performance Management and Analytics
- Strategic Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Finance Transformation
- Fast Close
- Ad Hoc Corporate Finance challenges
- PMI / Integration of the finance function
Performance Management and Analytics
- Setup and (re)design of management reporting and board reporting
- Design and implementation of financial and operational management dashboards
- Definition and optimization of the performance management framework and related processes
- Integrate Data Analytics in the overall performance management framework
- Translate business strategy into relevant and measurable KPIs
- Strategic Cost and Profitability Management
Strategic Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Critical review of current planning methods, tools, and processes
- Redesign of the strategic planning process aligned with the business model
- Redesign of the planning and forecasting processes
- Integrated planning: align and integrate financial and operational planning
- Setup of cloud based planning and budgeting tools
- Finance function diagnostic / Quick scan of the finance function
- Review of the finance function’s operating model and analysis of the current performance
- Identification of levers for improvement and definition of the Target Operating Model
- Definition of the implementation trajectory and support in the realization of the implementation
- Review, (re)design and optimization of the key finance processes
- Process automation
Fast close / Implementation of monthly close
- Detailed review of the current accounting processes and the processes that provide input to accounting (customers, suppliers, treasury, inventory, investments, personnel, intercompany flows, etc.)
- Identification of levers for improvement to reduce the time required to close the books and prepare financial reports
- Definition of target closing procedures, checklists, and timetables
- Definition of the roadmap and practical support in its implementation
Ad Hoc Corporate Finance
- Capital budgeting, Investment and Project assessments
- Ad hoc financial business cases
- Profitability Reviews
- Investor Readiness and setup of new ventures
- Short- and medium-term Cash Flow forecasting
PMI / Integration of the finance function
- Preparation for Day one readiness
- Definition of the 100-day plan
- Coordination and management of integration projects
- Change Management and Top Management Support
Partner in Charge
Tom founded the Belgian Eight Advisory Belgium office with Philippe Fimmers in 2018. He leads the Belgian Transformation practice in Belgium and works in close collaboration with the other offices across Europe.
Tom specializes in Due Diligence (operational, carve-out & synergy), Post Merger Integration, Working Capital Management and Operational Restructuring/turnarounds.
Tom mainly works for private equity and corporates in the industrial manufacturing, consumer goods or food & agri sector.
Prior to joining Eight Advisory, Tom worked for more than 5 years for a global supply chain and operations consulting firm. He joined PwC in 2011 where he launched the Operational Transaction Services department in Belgium, providing clients with operational advice during a transformation or a restructuring phase.
Over the years, I have focused on executing projects for my clients, private equity houses and their portfolio companies. In doing so, I have continuously strived to provide insights and quality services which help to build trust and confidence. I truly believe that the right mindset is look at the company as it would be your own with an entrepreneurial mindset enabling you to spot the opportunities.
Jan is a Director in Eight Advisory’s Brussels office, leading the CFO Advisory team. He has more than 15 years of financial management and finance consulting experience.
During his career, Jan gained broad experience in corporate financial management and reporting, startup finance, finance transformation, financial analysis, performance management and investments.
He worked on projects across a range of sectors, including Cleantech, Energy, Consumer Goods, Retail, Software and Professional Services.
Prior to joining Eight Advisory, Jan co-founded a consulting company providing CFO services to start and scale-up companies. Before that he held various financial management positions and was at PwC for 6 years.
For me, respect lies at the basis of every successful collaboration, in business and in life.